|Garth Brooks at Van Andel Arena on May 12, 2016|
Rich MacKeigan, General Manager for SMG at Van Andel Arena and DeVos Place was nominated for bookings for breaking multiple venue records including Garth Brooks’ record for most tickets sold for a single engagement and Paul McCartney’s record for gross ticket sales for a single event.
In the Concessions category, Jeff Dubin, Director of Food & Beverage for SAVOR at Van Andel Arena, was nominated for introducing a new take on the everyday salad bar called a “Living Salad Bar” for the bands, staff and crew of the “San Francisco Fest Tour,” featuring rock bands Journey, The Doobie Brothers and Dave Mason Aug. 2, 2016.
For the Operations and Tech category, SMG’s Eddie Tadlock, Assistant General Manager at DeVos Place, was nominated for efforts to decrease energy usage by 6.03 percent by installing new equipment and reducing wasted resources resulting in the venue finishing second in the 2nd annual Michigan Battle of the Buildings Energy Summit.
In total, 14 SMG executives were nominated across all five categories of the awards. Other SMG executives nominated are listed below.
- Leonard Bonacci, Regional Vice President at University of Phoenix Stadium in Phoenix, AZ
- Lynn Carlotto, General Manager at Rogers K-Rock Centre in Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Jerry Goldman, Assistant General Manager at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, MN
- Jeff Nickler, General Manager at the BOK Center in Tulsa, OK
- Chris Semrau, Assistant General Manager at the Denny Sanford Premier Center, in Sioux Falls, SD
- Josh Kesler, Marketing & Sales Manager at the Eastern Kentucky Expo Center in Pikeville, KY
- Steve Poremba, Director of Marketing at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Meghan Doyle, Director of Marketing at the BOK Centre in Tulsa, OK
- Mark Anderson, General Manager and Vice President of Premier Food Services in Del Mar, CA
- Eduardo Cajina, General Manager at the Coliseo of Puerto Rico in San Juan, Puerto Rico