If you are still undecided whether you want to attend the Casting Crowns show this week, here are five reasons why you don’t want to miss the “Thrive Tour” when it comes through our doors Thursday night.
1. World-class musiciansPerhaps no Christian music act has been more prolific over the past few years than Casting Crowns. The band currently holds the position as Billboard's top-selling act in Christian music since 2007 and has surpassed 8 million album sales since their debut more than a decade ago. It’s not just that they can sell albums. They’re talented musicians who have gained the respect of critics and collected quite a few awards along the way, including two American Music Awards (out of six total nominations), a GRAMMY Award for their 2005 album Lifesong, six GRAMMY nominations, 17 GMA Dove Awards and two 2012 Billboard Music Awards (out of six total Billboard Music Award nominations).
2. Mark HallCasting Crowns frontman/youth pastor (yes, he is still a youth pastor despite the Crowns’ rise in stature) Mark Hall packs a unique combination of talent, ability, heartfelt honesty, and quick wit. Not only can the man sing, but being the youth pastor he is, Hall has a strong ability to connect on a personal level. His sermons at shows are moving and thoughtful and will leave you feeling uplifted. If that is not enough for you, expect to enjoy a few laughs when he speaks as well. Take the videos below as examples. When he and his children were “snowed in” this winter, he decided to answer fan questions during a “Snow Day Q&A” with videos he posted to Instagram and Facebook that created several amusing moments.
3. Uplifting messageChristian music is an uplifting genre by nature, but the acts on Casting Crowns’ “Thrive Tour” are especially adept at making you feel strengthened and re-energized. Whether you’re looking to be uplifted, highlight your strong faith, or simply be entertained, you will not be disappointed on May 1st. Casting Crowns, as well as their opening acts Laura Story and for KING & COUNTRY, will drive home a powerful message with stunning musical displays that will keep you amused throughout the entire evening.
4. Laura StoryIf singer/songwriters are more your style, Laura Story will be a highlight of the night for you. The talented vocalist is coming off a string of successful albums, including 2013’s “God of Every Story” that peaked at no. 7 on Billboard’s US Christian Albums chart and “Blessings,” which reached the top of the chart. She is well known on the Christian music scene by now, but in case you have not been introduced yet, the combination of Story’s vocal ability and the touching personal narratives within her songs will be a real treat.
5. for KING & COUNTRYSince bursting onto the scene in 2011 with the driving single “Busted Heart (Hold on to Me),” there has been no looking back for Australian brothers Joel and Luke Smallbone. The following year saw the release of their first full-length studio album “Crave” that rocketed to no. 4 on Billboard’s Christian Albums chart and showcased their strong abilities to pack a powerful, melodic vocal punch amidst insightful and passionate lyrics. They went on to win the GMA Dove Award’s 2013 New Artist of the Year and gained the attention of fans and critics alike. for KING & COUNTRY are an act you will regret missing out on.
Tell us why you're coming to the show or let us know what you'd like to read about next on our blog in the comments below!
Casting Crowns will be performing at Van Andel Arena on Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 7:00 PM with special guest Laura Story and for KING & COUNTRY. Tickets are still available at the Van Andel Arena and DeVos Place convention center box offices, Ticketmaster outlets, online at Ticketmaster.com, or charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000.