Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Donate Blood and Receive FREE Ticket for Circus

Michigan Blood has teamed up with Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey to provide a $25 ticket voucher to anyone who attempts to donate blood at Van Andel Arena on Wednesday, Sept. 14 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The voucher is redeemable for a ticket to any of the six performances of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents Barnum 200 at Van Andel Arena on Sept. 15 through Sept. 18.

"Offering a voucher redeemable for a free $25 ticket is a tremendous way to thank our donors for their dedication to Michigan Blood and our partner hospitals across the state," said Nick Wasmiller, manager of public relations at Michigan Blood.

The box office will be open at Van Andel Arena during the blood drive, making it even easier to redeem the voucher for a ticket. In addition, limited parking will be available for donors on Ottawa Avenue SW, just west of Van Andel Arena, throughout the blood drive. One hour of free parking also is available at the Monroe Center ramp (entrance off of Ionia Avenue) just one block northeast of Van Andel Arena. Donors can enter Van Andel Arena via the largest glass doors at the northwest side of the arena.

Michigan Blood conducts more than 3,700 blood drives a year in order to help meet the needs of local hospitals in Michigan. These blood drives account for 70 percent of the blood that Michigan Blood collects; the other 30 percent comes from donations at Michigan Blood's nine permanent donation centers across the state. Any healthy person 17 or older (or 16 with parental consent) who weighs at least 110 pounds may be eligible to give blood every 56 days. Blood donors should bring photo ID (or two forms of non-photo ID). Appointments (preferred, but not required) can be made at www.miblood.org or by calling 1-866-MIBLOOD (642-5663).

For more information on The Greatest Show on Earth visit www.Ringling.com